Delivered by business professionals, that are dedicated to equip people in Central Asia to do business better, this seminar will provide practical tools to help people manage conflict more effectively in their workplaces. The course also offers an opportunity for one hour of 1:1 consultation provided by etc4CA experienced consultants to talk through your specific issues.
1. Introduction – Definition of conflict, exercise on levels of conflict, discussion on reasons for workplace conflicts. Conflict in/within groups and
2. The positive and negative impact/implications of conflict
3. Conflict Styles – Self-assessment tool using the Thomas-Kilmann model followed by discussion on how different people manage conflict.
4. Other Tools – Interest Based Relational Model
5. Key Skills for managing conflict – Listening/empathy, assertiveness, willingness to resolve, managing emotions, using co-operative power, mediation and negotiation, focus on win-win, adopting a creative response, broadening perspectives - including some practical exercises to reinforce the learning.
6. A Conflict Resolution Process
7. How to handle difficult people
The sessions will include opportunities for practicing skills learned, discussing relevant issues from your own workplaces during the course or in a follow-up 1:1 session.
Session Language: English with an option of Russian translation